Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lady Etiquette: Be a lady, not a gossip

Sure, you can have it. Scroll down ...

I know it's been a while since we first addressed the Lady Etiquette series. It is something I feel deserves a lot of thorough consideration, as our goal is to uplift others with it. Today's encouragement comes straight from God's mouth.

1 Thessalonians 4:11:
"Make it your ambition to live a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands."

I recite this verse like a mantra in my home. Every time one of my children tattles on the other, I simply respond with this verse. When they begin talking about what one of their friends/classmates did to get into trouble, I respond with this verse. It's one of my favorite verses. I honestly believe being a busy-body and a gossip is one of the most unattractive things a woman (or anyone) can do. It goes back to holding yourself to high level of respect. Not necessarily being self-righteous, but rather exercising a shred of meekness.

It seems I've been saying it a lot lately, more to adults, however, than to my children. I keep getting told everyone else's business in some way or another, which I don't care to hear (or read). In a day and age with Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc., it's so easy for our personal business to be aired all over the place. 

Keep your private life private. 
Don't over-share. 
Don't share others' private business. It's their business to share, not yours. 
If others are spreading rumors, saying nasty, hateful things, do not allow that poisonous talk to seep into your thinking. 
There is no need for you to concern yourself with other people. You only need to worry about yourself. 
Keep your eyes focused on your tasks and your goals. 
Inspire others by encouraging them to grow in character and abound in faith!

Or you can use my chalkboard background and create your own graphic designs!

Oodles of love!
Steph
Facebook        Twitter        Pinterest         Instagram        Email

No comments:

Post a Comment